Pharmacists offer professional health advice at any time – you don’t need an appointment. In addition, here are details of a variety of services they can also provide you with.
Minor Ailment Scheme
- Gastrointestinal – heartburn, indigestion, constipation, haemorrhoids (piles)
- Cough and nasal congestion
- Travel sickness
- Fungal infections- vaginal, athletes foot
- Viral infections- cold sore, corns, calluses, warts and verrucae
- Parasitic infection- threadworm, lice, scabies
- Skin- dry/ mild eczema
- Eyes – dry eye, conjunctivitis ( not under 2 years )
- Ears – ear wax , mild otitis externa.
- Mouth – mouth ulcers , oral thrush
- Dressings – minor injury and sprains.
The following persons are currently eligible to register for the service:
- persons under 16 years of age or under 19 years of age and in full-time education
- persons who are aged 60 years or over
- persons who have a valid maternity exemption certificate, medical exemption certificate, or war pension exemption certificate
- persons who get Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance, or Pension Credit Guarantee Credit; and
- persons who are named on, or are entitled to, an NHS tax credit exemption certificate or a valid HC2 certificate.
The Treatment of UTI In Women Can Be Dealt With by The Community Pharmacy As Follows:-
- Females aged 16 – 65 years only
- Pregnant women with a UTI still need to be seen by nurse practitioner or GP.
- Patients with continuing UTI ( already had an antibiotic recently) or recurrent UTI,s ( 2 or more episodes in last 6 months or 3 or more in last 12 months ) need to seen by nurse practitioner or GP.
- At present, only Lloyds at Arnhall Business Park, Westhill can offer this service
Patient over 13 years of age presenting in person at the community pharmacy requesting emergency contraception for their own use within 72 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse.
Smoking Cessation Help Can Be Provided By The Community Pharmacy
- 12 week programme to support patients in stopping smoking
- Free Service.